Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Was anyone here a member of 'The Tufty Club'?

I remember that Tufty was a squirrel, and the main objective was kid and road safety. In fact, I had a Tufty badge as part of my membership. Tell me I was not alone in this..! Oh innocent days gone by..Was anyone here a member of 'The Tufty Club'?
No, - you're NOT alone, my friend! I was among a group of about FIFTY, or so, - all, from the same school, - who joined when we went to our primary school! Our Head teacher sent off a MASS APPLICATION, containing all the relevant details, and, - within a few days, - all of us were walking around the school, proudly, wearing our Tufty Club BADGES!Was anyone here a member of 'The Tufty Club'?
God help me yes. I'd forgotten all about that. And I think I was one of the last ovalteenies. I'm so old.
Could not afford a stamp to join.true.
Got run over when I went to post my application
No I wasn't a member,I don't remember if he was a red or a grey squirrel,or even if he was a squirrel at all.i think he was,if he was red I wish i had been a member but if he was grey i am glad because the little blighters chased all the little red squirrels away from here.
Thanks for reminding me of my age but whilst reading Treasure and Look an Learn and worrying about where hot water bottle was about to fly off too,I also was a member of the Tufty Club.xxxxx
yes i was a member of the tufty club too....also collected all the golliwog labels off the jam jars as well for a tin badge..how sad
Yes, my mum did that. She was a Tufty Club Leader. I was so proud.
nope
Too right!


Those weasels! Grrrr!
Yes, tufty club was all about road safety, I think there was an officer who went around the the primary schools,I remember getting my badge.Yet to be run over?

No comments:

Post a Comment